Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Did Michael Jackson Come To YOUR House Today?







Though Michael was famous and wealthy, he still continued going proselytizing for the Jehovah Witnesses. According to his mother, Katherine, he would go door to door "twice a week, maybe for a hour or two." When he was in town, he would attend Kingdom Hall meetings with his mother four times a week. Wearing a disguise- a mustache, hat, sunglasses, a tie, sweater, and holding a copy Watchtower, Michael came to the door of an apartment in Thousand Oaks, California in 1984. "I'm here to talk to you about God's word," he would say, as doors would slam in his face.
Louise Gilmore, recalls the day Michael Jackson came to visit. "It was very odd. At first, I thought it was some kind of trick-or-treat gag. A young black man came to my door wearing what was obviously a phony mustache and beard, and a big hat. His face was too smooth for all of that facial hair. Her looked like a little boy playing grown-up. He had this soft little voice and looked harmless enough. 'Can I talk to you for just a moment?' he said politely. I decided to let him in.
"He sat down and pulled out all of these books and pamphlets from a bag. 'You should read these,' he said. He gave me a little speech about the Jehovah Witnesses, which I paid no attention to, so I can't tell you what he said. He then had a glass of water, thanked me, and went on his way. I didn't think anything of it, except, 'My, what a polite boy.'
The next day my neighbor said to me, 'Did Michael Jackson come to your house too?' I said, 'What are you talking about?' When I put two and two together, I almost fainted. I've kept the material he gave me as souvenirs. No, I didn't join the religion."



Thank you, J. Randy Taraborreli, "Michael Jackson- The Music and the Madness" pages 323,324.

No comments:

Post a Comment